Half a papaya and a palmful of sesame oil;
lately, your husband’s mind has been elsewhere.
Honeyed dates, goat’s milk;
you want to quiet the bloating of salt.
Coconut and ghee butter;
he kisses the back of your neck at the stove.
Cayenne and roasted pine nuts;
you offer him the hollow of your throat.
Saffron and rosemary;
you don’t ask him her name.
Vine leaves and olives;
you let him lift you by the waist.
Cinnamon and tamarind;
lay you down on the kitchen counter.
Almonds soaked in rose water;
your husband is hungry.
Sweet mangoes and sugared lemon;
he had forgotten the way you taste.
Sour dough and cumin;
but she cannot make him eat, like you.
- tenorsaxes likes this
- insomniaclullaby01 reblogged this from urrrthchile
- youremindmeofyou likes this
- isyxgotham likes this
- morrigan-disapproves likes this
- mindgoneawry reblogged this from oiltipped
- quinnathan likes this
- oiltipped reblogged this from colporteur
- knufflebunneh likes this
- phynazisyourdreamgirl likes this
- eveblume reblogged this from colporteur
- thewickedestwench likes this
- backsofcerealboxes likes this
- stumblrfumblr reblogged this from colporteur
- wattleandgum reblogged this from colporteur
- wattleandgum likes this
- colporteur reblogged this from peachdrug and added:
- colporteur likes this
- fezr likes this
- disorientd likes this
- peachdrug reblogged this from genius-chile
- themindislimitless likes this
- alchymyyyst likes this
- ankhempress reblogged this from urrrthchile
- ankhempress likes this
- sincerelyjoanna likes this
- nextstoprequested likes this
- goddisinthegarden likes this
- peacolas-marigold likes this
- aphoticoccurrences likes this
- genius-chile likes this
- leaveyouapen likes this
- urrrthchile posted this